Our mediators are seasoned litigators and trial lawyers whose experience allows them to thoughtfully analyze all aspects of your case and assist the parties in crafting a mutually-acceptable settlement. We facilitate meaningful dialogue while keeping the lawyers and their clients focused upon the benefits of compromise.
Peter Evan Abraham, Esq.
Peter is the owner, founder and senior mediator of Biscayne Mediation, LLC, having started the business in 2002 after receiving his Certification as a Circuit-Civil Mediator from the Florida Supreme Court.
Before Biscayne Mediation, Peter enjoyed a successful career as an AV-rated civil trial lawyer, representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants in personal injury, wrongful death, and insurance related matters.
As a full-time professional neutral, Peter serves as a mediator, an arbitrator, and as a neutral umpire in the appraisal of both residential and commercial first-party insurance claims.
Peter’s ADR practice is statewide, and includes both State court and Federal court cases in the areas of medical malpractice, wrongful death, falls, motor vehicle accidents, first-party property claims, coverage disputes, negligent security, construction defects, product liability, and foreclosures.
In addition to his ADR work, Peter serves on the Board of Directors for Lawyers to the Rescue (lawyerstotherescue.org) and he volunteers as a Restitution Mediator in County Court criminal cases.
Michael P. Essington, Esq.
After graduating from the University of Miami, School of Law in May, 1994, Mr. Essington joined Rodriguez & Aronson, P.A., eventually becoming a shareholder/ partner. During his career, he litigated hundreds of plaintiff and defense cases, primarily in the fields of Admiralty, Torts, Commercial disputes, Insurance Coverage issues and Contract disputes. In 2009, Mr. Essington resigned from Rodriguez, Aronson & Essington, P.A. so that he could focus on Alternative Dispute Resolution, primarily mediation, arbitration and umpire work.
Memberships & Certificates
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida Certified Mediator
- Florida Bar
James M. Fishman, Esq
James Fishman, senior trial attorney and founder of the firm, has more than three decades of litigation experience. He has appeared before every level of trial and appellate court, including successfully representing one of Florida’s largest property insurance carriers before the Florida Supreme Court. A certified Florida Supreme Court Mediator, Mr. Fishman has mediated hundreds of cases (either as a litigator or the mediator) through the years. As a member of the Windstorm Insurance Network, Mr. Fishman has lectured to insurance professionals and lawyers on the details of insurance law and practice.
Mr. Fishman is a recipient of the prestigious “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell for over ten years. This is a designation that he has achieved the highest possible peer review rating in legal ability and ethical standards. Mr. Fishman has also chaired the Florida Bar Grievance Committee, and participated in the Dade County Bar Association’s Real Property and Civil Litigation Committees, as well as the “Put Something Back” Pro Bono Project.
Manuel R. Morales, Jr., Esq..
Born in Cuba, Mr. Morales moved to Florida when he was 7 years old. Miami has been his beloved home ever since. He graduated cum laude from Nova Southeastern University, School of Law in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. “Manny” established his own firm in 1988 where he maintains an active trial practice as an AV rated attorney. Manny is fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
Memberships, Certificates & Awards
- Florida Supreme Court Circuit Civil Mediator (1999)
- Florida County Court Mediator (1999)
- The Florida Bar (1979-present)
- Florida Bar Board of Governors (1993 -2001)
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee 11M (1989-1992)
- Florida Bar Disciplinary Review Committee (1993-1994)
- Florida Bar Board Review Committee on Professional Ethics (1994-2001)
- Florida Bar Disciplinary Procedure Committee Chair (1996-1997)
- Florida Bar Chairman Advertising Task Force (2004)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) (1997- present)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- Twice awarded The Florida Bar’s President’s Award of Merit (2001 and 2005)
- Dade County Bar Association – (1979-present)
- Director Dade County Bar Association – (1988-1991) (1993-1996)
- Membership Committee – Chairman (1995-1996)
- Judicial Poll Committee – Chairman (1991)
- “Put Something Back” – 100% Law Firm Program – Certificate (1996)
- Cuban American Bar Association (1980-present)
- LawyersAction PAC (President 2005-2007)
- American Bar Association – (1979-present)
- American Association for Justice – (1979-present)
- Florida Justice Association – (1979-present)
- Certified Circuit and County Court Mediator since 1999
Ian G. Osur, Esq.
Mr. Osur received his B.A. in 1971 from the University of Connecticut and his J.D. in 1977 from Western New England School of Law. He was admitted to the Florida Bar, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, and Florida Supreme Court in 1980.
Mr. Osur is a member of The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the American Bar Association, the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, and the Dade County Trial Lawyers, where he served on the Board of Director from 1984 through 1987. He is a member of the South Miami-Kendall Bar Association and was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for the 1989-1990 term. Mr. Osur has served as an instructor at Florida International University in the Legal Assistant Program. He has been a past lecturer at the Chemical Labeling Conventions throughout the country.
Mr. Osur has been rated AV by his fellow lawyers. His practice initially was as a defense lawyer, representing the Miami-Dade County School Board and various insurers. For the past 25 years, Mr. Osur’s practice has involved predominantly plaintiff’s work, in areas such as automobile accidents, admiralty, slip/trip and fall, products liability and wrongful death.
Lilliana Real, Esq
In 2005, Lilliana Real began her own family law and mediation practice. However, throughout her career, she has practiced commercial litigation, foreclosure defense as well as estate planning. At the University of Miami, she received her BS in Journalism and Political Science, before continuing to FSU College of Law for her J.D. Ms. Real is fluent in Spanish, and can conduct mediations in Spanish as well as English.
Memberships & Certificates:
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator (2004 -2008, 2010)
- Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Florida Bar
- Parenting Coordinator (2010)
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association (since 1996)
- Moot Court Judge, Nova Law School (2007 & 2008)
- The Collaborative Family Law Institute (2010)
Bryant Equenazi was born and raised in Miami Beach, FL, and has practiced law in Florida representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants in personal injury, insurance related matters, and commercial litigation since graduating law school from the University of Denver in 1992. His law firm experience includes positions at Adorno & Zeder, Adams & Adams, Jay Halpern & Associates, and Esquenazi Law.
He has tried countless cases to verdict throughout Florida on behalf of both Plaintiffs and Defendants in the areas of auto negligence, premises liability, negligent security, medical malpractice, and products liability.
Bryant is fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
Memberships & Certifications:
- Florida Supreme Court Circuit Civil Mediator
- Residential Foreclosure Mediator
- Florida Bar Association
- Southern District of Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association,
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban-American Bar Association.